Sunday, July 13, 2008

[Insert Title here]

The phone call came too early, disturbing a sound sleep and dreams of love and romance so Dad could ask if I was awake yet. I mumbled something about having just woken up because I'd taken a little while to fall back asleep after Chienne's 4AM walk.

"That's not my problem," Dad said, and I frowned. He'd been grumpy the whole trip and I'd had enough. Mom took the phone to say she'd come get the dog, who was just poking her head out from under the covers and blinking sleepily at me, while I showered and dressed.

Once I was ready, we spent hours driving around the area, commenting on how pretty it is and how Little One would love this area and Smallest One would soon be big enough to enjoy that feature. It sounds as if Mom and Dad have heard my speeches about the potential lack of free time and plan to drive up to see me rather than the other way around. That's lovely since I'm rather enamored of the area around here too - I'd like to explore.

*****

After much deliberation, I've decided to call him Jon. It's obviously not easy for me to assign names to people who might become important characters on a blog. (Example - Friend.) But one of the people I'm very much hoping becomes a recurring character needed a name. We've continued to exchange wonderful emails and I grown more eager and less nervous about meeting him next week.

*****

I did make an offer on the house today. I offered less than the asking price, but Realtor feels pretty good about them accepting the offer as is. I hope they do. I would really love to live there. Mom, Dad, Chienne and I keep driving by and admiring the house last night and this morning. I would sigh with longing, reminding myself not to overpay for the property. The deadline is midnight tomorrow, so you'll know soon after I do, I'd guess. Unless I find out at work - then you'll have to wait for me to get home.

*****

If the sellers do accept the offer, I can borrow money from Industry (a percentage of the equity in my old home) to make the down payment. So that's great! But it's customary to wait 30 days before closing. That means another dog-less month (and I miss her so much!) in this hotel. I panicked for a moment just thinking of it, but reminded myself that saving some money and taking it moderately slowly was wise. But, as always, I'm ready now.

*****

I believe I'm going to read a book. I've grown quite efficient at reading blogs since I don't always have a lot of free time during the week, what with the romantic adventures and settling in. so I'm left with nothing on the computer to read for a moment, and lazing around amid pillows seems like a pleasant way to spend a Sunday evening.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes according to your wishes, both for the house and regarding Jon.

Just please save yourself a lot of possible future trouble and avoid overspending on the house.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, can't wait to see pictures of the house!

Anonymous said...

Whoops, that was Anna.

Psych Post Doc said...

Best of luck on the house offer... and with Jon.

Love the picture in this post.

post-doc said...

Citronella:

Thank you - me too. And I actually got the house for far less than I should have. The market is good for buying.

Anna:
I'll send more soon. :)

Psych Post Doc:
Thank you so much. And the town here is really charming - it's picturesque and very sweet. I like that photo too.

Post a Comment