Friday, July 04, 2008

Here's the Latest

I'm going to post pictures of the cleaned and pretty house that's now on the market. I want to write about how I left Friend and sobbed for about an hour afterward. I miss her still - an nagging pain that reminds me that I lost the presence of someone beautiful and brilliant and the most wonderful woman I could have wished for as a favorite friend. I do not like this part - it hurts. And I will write about it when I have time and quiet tomorrow.

I arrived home last night to hugs and complaints. The computer didn't work, the bathroom needed to be decorated, the girls needed to be visited this morning.

"I fixed it," I finally announced after randomly clicking the same buttons over and over. I gave power to the modem and router and computer. I restarted and clicked and frowned. My laptop connected first and about 30 minutes later, my parents' desktop followed suit.

"How'd you do it?" Dad asked.

"No idea," I replied. It had been a long day - full of emotional turmoil and lots of driving and a very tired Katie.

We saw the girls this morning before they flitted off to go camping. Little One is bossier than I remember, apparently reaching for age 4 with strong opinions about most everything. Brother, by the way, has moved back in. The entire Brother family was headed to the lake and things appeared, well, relatively calm. We'll see how it goes.

Smallest One is the darling of the day. She crawls without lifting her belly, squirming quickly across the floor toward anything that caught her attention. She smiled and babbled and played with my face while I cuddled her.

We went shopping, picking out paint and bathroom decorations. The latter is finally finished (nearly) and looks lovely. Chienne and I are terribly sleepy. I'm starting with a cold. But always forward moving, yes?

More tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that the name of your blog has been changed to Maudlin Revisions, it is essential that there by at least some crying, weeping, and/or sniffling in every post.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I see you did include sobbing, so my mistake!

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Ugh, summer colds are the worst. Hope you're feeling better.

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry that this has been so hard for you. Change and leaving people is rough. I hope that you feel better soon (both physically and emotionally).

Estrella said...

Catching up on the past several entries today ... thinking of you and hoping that the transition gets easier as time passes, that the balance of sadness/pain will shift to anticipation/excitement as Boss(?) said it should. Echoing Amanda's well-wishes above.

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Little One sounds like my youngest nephew. At about that same age he had strong opinions on everything and wasn't afraid to share them! I once asked him how he knew one particular "fact" he was insisting on, and he said "I always know everything". That just about sums it up...

AS said...

Hi Katie, Thanks for continuing to write through your transition. I keep getting jammed up with the loss of moving and leaving the state in which I did so much growing up because I am not giving myself enough time to slow down and write...you are providing me a real reminder of how important it is to do so. Yours, EA

Post a Comment