Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I have no idea...

how to negotiate the ideal faculty position. To be honest, I'm not sure I even want a faculty position, though if it's ideal, I guess that would be good.

I have no great love for classes - I have resisted taking the courses for free that my fellowship allows. Set schedules, exams, homework. Am I not too old for this stuff? Perhaps not - I'll go look at the course offerings for fall soon. I promise.

I do enjoy seminars though. I think they offer a great amount of information in an intense schedule. To that end, I'll inform you that Rice University is offering a seminar in October on Negotiating the Ideal Faculty Position for women in science and engineering. Details and an application form are online if you're interested.

If you are not a female in science or engineering who might be looking for a faculty position sometime in the future, a different post should get written this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment