Thursday, August 31, 2006

Disney won.

I really thought I was up for it, and, with all due modesty, I did quite well. Disney World - in my experience - wears you out. But when given a park hopper pass, hop I did. With minimal complaining about heat, humidity, thirst and hunger, I traipsed around the parks. At the very bottom of the picture, you can see the very top of my head - dark hair pulled back and ready to face the day that began at MGM and my very first (and likely last) upside down roller coaster. I prefer to remain upside up.

We continued on to the Magic Kingdom, where we spent most of the day. It was actually pretty overcast and the temperatures were relatively mild. I was only miserable a couple of times throughout the day, which, for August, is impressive. In addition, there were small crowds which lead to efficiency in rides, food and shopping. Delightful, and if I'd included the remainer of the picture to the left, you'd see my smiling face attached to the hair that had fallen out of my ponytail.

We wrapped it up at Epcot and finally called it quits and headed back to the car. I didn't get sore or achy, but realized - upon sitting down for the drive home - that I was incredibly tired. But 3 parks in 11 hours with nearly constant activity makes for a tired Katie.

So it was a nice day - I do enjoy Disney a great deal. I also found delightful presents for the Little One's upcoming birthday. Tomorrow is shopping and time for work. Just wanted you to know that the mouse and I are doing quite well.

7 comments:

La Tulipe said...

Rian hears no mention of "Beers Around the World" at Epicot.

says Rian, rolling eyes.

post-doc said...

Nope - no beer or wine for me. We were, of course, drunk on the magic of Disney, which is the only way I can explain walking for so many hours and being so happy to do so. If I remember right, there was a pretzel from MGM after I was shaky from the roller coaster (seriously - I don't do upside down without feeling icky.), and soda #1. Then water to take Advil when I still wasn't feeling great. I shared a cheeseburger for lunch (soda #2), then we ate at Tony's for dinner (tea), followed by fudge from the candy shop (where I got the cutest little Minnie with a handle and a zipper in her back so she can hold candy!). I drank soda #4 on the drive home. I think that was it. No mouse-shaped ice cream. No turkey legs. No Beers Around the World. It was all pretty tame, as is most of my sheltered life. :)

Vinny said...

WOW! I'm what you might call an "old pro" (More than 20 Disney trips) and I wouldn't attempt 3 parks in a day.

I'm worn out just reading about it. Glad you enjoyed it. It is truly magical.

Repressed Librarian said...

I was exhausted from just one park when I went to Disney. I can't imagine doing all three, but with the park hopper pass, I'm sure I would have tried it :-)

ceresina said...

Mmmmm... Fudge.
I looooves me a roller coaster, even upside down ones, but I can't imagine spending 11 hours (!) at the park(s). :-)

La Tulipe said...

Rian and Someone Else attempted the Beers Around the World whilst in Law School.

Rian would not recommend it, truly. We nearly fell off the shuttle bush into the Great Dark Woods of Epcot.

Fudge, on the other hand...num.

Locks said...

nice pix. i went to Disney too. check mine out...i put up a few more. =)

Post a Comment