Saturday, April 01, 2006

Nostalgia

I vaguely remember a time when I would post here nearly every day. I would also carefully consider site statistics, noting who had visited and how long they stayed. Yes, I even had a spreadsheet with some locations bolded for regular readers - my favorite cities - many of which were in California, I think. I think that time of my life also included adequate sleep – excessive napping even. I took walks, drank coffee because I liked it rather than needed it, listened to music while considering grand life goals – personal and professional.

Those days appear to be gone, and I keep anticipating their return, then having my dreams crushed.

The grant is due on April 7, and it’s actually nearly done. We’re doing some minor editing – I wanted to just skip it completely and send what I had, but couldn’t refuse the requests of several faculty members to give it a quick read. But it will go in on time, and I have been assured that letters are making their way toward the center of the country so they can be included in my application packet. So that’s excellent, right? By next weekend, I’ll have applied my recently acquired knowledge to several projects, the grant will be written, and since I’ve spent the last 3 weekends with my family, I should be clear of that obligation as well.

Brother is moving next weekend. So I’ll leave my parents’ tomorrow, only to return 4 days later to pack, clean and move.

I miss the days of posting regularly, of not wincing when I open bloglines and realize I have hours to spend just to catch up with people I adore reading. Though today I smiled over email rather than blankly looking at it and wondering what I can possibly say. So the mental energy is returning, but slowly. Life really gets in the way of online activity, doesn’t it?

I do miss you all though! Even though I have no idea who has been around or not. I haven't opened my pretty spreadsheet in weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment