Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Retrospective, One

In the preceding month - my first in my new location - I have
  1. Started a job I love.
  2. Bought a house.
  3. Sold a house.
  4. Driven home twice.
  5. Make my first work trip.
  6. Met a man - we're seeing each other tomorrow.
  7. Been very happy.
  8. Been a little homesick.
  9. Made friends at work - people with whom I can laugh and whine and talk and eat.
  10. Learned I like carrying a camera, though I still don't use it as often as I could.
  11. Went to Target once. Once. In a month. I went almost every week before.
  12. Eaten enough at Qdoba to get a free dinner on my frequent diner card.
  13. Had a paper rejected by a journal.
  14. Felt incredibly grateful I have this opportunity in Industry and can pretty happily work every day on something I find interesting and important.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great month. I eat at Chipotle (there are very few Qdobe) alot. My Target trips have been getting fewer and fewer as well.

I am glad that you are enjoying Industry. I really felt that you would.

Anonymous said...

It's great that you're enjoying it so much! I hope you will keep on finding your job important and interesting for many years to come.

As for Target... I was there earlier this evening; can you believe the only beach towels they have left have Hulk or Hanna Montana's picture on them?

JaneB said...

And thanks for carrying on telling us what's going on - so many blogs go quiet when things go well for the authors. I hope, once your roots have recovered from being transplanted, that you (and your violet) thrive in your new environment!

Brigindo said...

That is a good month. Love the collage!

rented life said...

love the mosaic of pics.

jealous of the job situation. Right there with you about Target. I spend too much money there anyway. last time I spent $60 in shoes!!

Lucy said...

I'm glad it's been such a good month for you. :)

Psych Post Doc said...

What a month. I bet the next one will be just as adventure filled.

Post a Comment