Friday, August 22, 2008

Hi!

I write to you from the living room of my new house. Putting all my stuff in it makes it seem much smaller and I'm very, very pleased to be here. The cable people arrived and hooked up television and internet before the devices necessary to use them were off the truck. All told, they unpacked me for about 4 hours and left me with boxes. Lots and lots of boxes.

Dad is on his way - he should be here shortly with my pretty puppy.

I keep looking around and grinning because it's just so pretty. And I get to live here! Pictures and stories to follow.

10 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

yay!

Psych Post Doc said...

Congrats! I'm jealous.

phd me said...

Yay, indeed! Can't wait for pictures!

T said...

Congrats!! How exciting and lovely!!

saxifraga said...

Congratulations. Your new house sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Unbalanced Reaction said...

So excited for you!!

microbiologist xx said...

Yay! How exciting for you. Like everyone else, I can't wait to see some pictures!!
I love owning my own place. It may seem silly, but being able to paint my walls whatever color I want and have more than one pet (sans outrageous deposit) was most of my motivation for owning my own home. :)

Anonymous said...

This new house sounds very exciting indeed. How great that you have your own place now, soon to be filled with your possessions and pets!

I think you've already received it, but I've nevertheless nominated you for an award (because I like you that much): http://unsubstantialbubbles.net/post/2008/08/23/Awarded

Amanda said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you and I, too, can't wait for pictures!

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

w00t!

Post a Comment