Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back! Tired.

I gulped back tears when Friend left me at the airport. I clung for a moment before grabbing my bags from the car and blinked rapidly and approximated some awkward wave before entering the terminal and taking deep breaths before getting my ticket. I proceeded quickly through security and sat at the gate, writing blog posts in my head. It turns out I left my camera cord in my bag that I left in the car, so I think it'll wait until tomorrow.

I'm sad - I miss Friend and the cats. It was nice curling up with purring animals while I slept. I liked having someone to talk to when Friend and I drove around and completed errands. But all my stuff left in a truck on Tuesday night. So I flew north so I could meet it on Friday morning. In the meantime, I'll find energy to tell you about my trip.

Thank you for the comments - pictures and stories to follow soon, I promise.

3 comments:

Psych Post Doc said...

I'm sorry you're sad. I hope that friend can come visit soon and I know that soon you'll have your own animals with you to cuddle and purr while you sleep.

Glad you're back safely.

Anonymous said...

Moves are exhausting, physically and emotionally. Hopefully you'll feel better soon.

Amanda said...

Despite the sadness, it sounds like the move went well. I hope that Friend will able to visit soon!

Post a Comment