Thursday, December 21, 2006

Pre-holiday travel

I have an idea for a post about how I'm ever so busy - trying to pull together projects to take home, cleaning, packing, starting to take down Christmas decorations - but I can't find time or focus to actually write it. I tend to get in my focused "OK, what next?" mode of getting things done, and it doesn't lend itself well to reflection.

It does, however, go well with productivity. I woke from a nap (because even I rarely go to sleep before 8PM) at midnight and have accomplished a great deal! Kitchen is clean, laundry is drying, Christmas tree is down and presents fill the trunk of my car. I'm semi-packed and think I have all the data transferred that I need to have with me at home.

I have points - feeling guilty about trying to balance work, family and personal interests (I want to sleep! And have high speed internet. That's probably about it for right now.), failure to respect my time, how intense the traffic was already down here. But I really can't pull anything together at the moment.

Instead, I will try to relax and sleep some more. As soon as I can get the mental lists to stop. (I watered the plants, so I need to mail those letters, take out trash, empty the vacuum, finish packing, fold the laundry...)

1 comment:

The Contessa said...

Ah the life of a listmaker - either in your head or on paper. When you get into my age range you start using the paper method though I will say I survived completely with lists and schedules in my head until this year.

it got so crazy that I actually forgot I rescheduled two students to another day and remebered 2 hours after their lesson would have been over!!!

Have a safe and wonderful trip home. Enjoy your time with your family!

Post a Comment