Saturday, December 09, 2006

Briefly

"I forgot to think of a blog post." I said, somewhat surprised, on the drive back to my house from Cousin's. I'd been busy with cookies and washing dishes. Utterly surrounded by sweetness - seeing, smelling, tasting nothing but goodies laden with sugar - I forgot to think about anything of interest.

I'm exhausted - I'm shocked that I have remained awake until now. So I plan to sleep until I'm not tired anymore. If that happens at 1AM, I'll do some work I have in mind since the house is nice and clean already. If I can't roll out of bed until 8AM, I'll take a walk then get ready for church. For now, I'm enjoying the freedom and contentment of the simple pleasures. Cookies, family, friends, Christmas lights and indulging in sleepiness.

It was a good day. I think I needed one where I didn't think about much at all, save which color frosting to use on the sugar cookies and how much longer the snowballs had to bake.

4 comments:

Repressed Librarian said...

That sounds like a good day to me :-)

The Contessa said...

Truthfully - I would have killed to have a day like that although my day today was so wonderful that even though I am exhausted now I wouldn't have traded it.

cookies sound yummy!

Anonymous said...

no thinking days are fun and often needed! glad you had a good time!

Estrella said...

Love those do-nothing days. Funny how a day spent doing nothing does so much to lift the spirits!

Thanks for the comment. You are my first commenter in the 2+ months since I began this blog! :-)

Post a Comment