Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It's a secret...

When filling out confidentiality forms, and describing precautions taken to protect patient privacy, I was writing about how there would be a system of numbers used to identify patient information, and there would be a notebook that matched our study number with the patient number assigned by the hospital so relevant personnel could match the 2. This seems very secretive to me, so I’d like to include a line about how the notebook that contains this matched information will be placed in a lock box. Kept in an undisclosed location.

Somehow I doubt the review committee would be amused, so I'll limit my hidden lock box idea to my blog.

5 comments:

mouse said...

by "review committee" do you mean the IRB? because personally? not a big fan.

blech.

post-doc said...

Yep, the IRB folks should have my paperwork tomorrow. I'm hoping that I become a huge fan - wanting to buy t-shirts, hang signs and clap with joy every time I think of them. But we'll have to see how things go...

CharlieAmra said...

I am not a big fan of the IRB either. Once, they admitted to losing my paperwork. But still they made me wait until the next session before they reviewed my protocol. And most of the things that they object to are things that if they were familiar with the literature, they would know are established/safe protocols. But hey, who am I to question them?

mouse said...

since my IRB app just got returned to me with comments that need to be changed, I would like to reiterate...

not a big fan.

post-doc said...

Oh no! I'm sorry - I have yet to turn mine in. I'm busy writing child consent forms and can't seem to complete my packet.

Post a Comment