Monday, January 02, 2006

I heart Bloglines!

Seriously, folks. Are we all using this now? I noticed that a couple of people are reaching me via their bloglines accounts and thought it might be worth checking out.

So I wandered over last night and set up my links - oh, pardon me - my feeds. It was down for awhile this morning, but it didn't dim my infatuation at all. I'm willing to wait for something this cool, plus they gave a lovely explanation of what happened after they were online again.

I have abandoned the old time-consuming method of checking on each site on my trusty bookmark list, hoping that someone has updated, but being largely disappointed that clicks on only 1 or 2 of my writers would yield anything I hadn't yet read.

But now? I quick look at my homepage shows me what's new. No disappointment! No wasted time! It has changed my online life by its lovely streamlined design. It's easy, it's free, and I adore it.

So tip of the hat to you, Bloglines. On a day when I've started 5 posts and had none of them wrap up neatly enough to publish, I'm still giddy with appreciation for your brilliance. I can't believe I was able to live without you for so long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a good friend showed me the google blogreader a week ago, but this looks a little better laid out. looks like I'll have something to set up on my laptop when I get home!

post-doc said...

I LOVE it! I feel like I'm the last person in the world who still went through bookmarks manually, so I'm in awe of how efficient this is! Even when the site is down, I quickly forgive the bloglines people. So I hope you try it and like it. :)

Post a Comment