Saturday, April 14, 2007

So.

I hear that whining is self-absorbed and rather annoying. I'm actually a pretty big fan myself, but, well, it seems silence is more dignified. Unless the preceding post is itself whiny and immature, then perhaps there's nowhere to go but up.

The basic story is that I'm refusing to bounce back very well. I find this... not surprising. Not even overly frustrating due to the heavy numbness that seems to have effortlessly settled over me. Sad. I seem to find it terribly sad.

"I'm sad." I told Friend. She came last night after I reported that I was struggling and has set up camp on my couch. I laughed a couple of times, once quite hard. But... "Everything is very close to the surface and it hurts."

I put Winnie's shoes in my guest room closet last night. I don't know why. I should give them to Goodwill when I drop off the other items I've been collecting. Instead I put them carefully in the shoe organizer and closed the door. It just means I'll have to deal with them again at some point. Plus, I'm very aware that they're in there.

I've been dealing with my data, feeling incredibly worthless and inadequate when I can't make something work. I am moderately surprised at the progress I've made in spite of my mood. It's coming along and if people answer questions I've sent, I'll be in reasonable shape.

I took a pill, carefully tearing open the pharmacy bag that's been on my bedroom floor for a couple of weeks now. Perhaps this will be the last time I try to stop taking them. It never seems to go all that well and I need the buffer against the bad stuff that happens, and the help with recovering when life does get moderately difficult.

The good thing, if there must be one, is that my legs didn't cramp at all while walking the dog this morning. I kept waiting for the pain, but it failed to come. Apparently the agony of yesterday did aid the muscles in releasing some of the problems to which they'd clung. Perhaps if I do some stretching and take better care of myself, it won't happen again. I personally dislike the 'pain is worthwhile in the end' theories. If these are lessons, I think I know enough already. But there are some situations that leave no wiggle room. You stare at what exists and find a way to cope.

So in typical, wordy, melodramatic fashion, I'll say that I'm fine. Too sad to write my book, though I did read parts of it today. I was briefly distracted by smiling over how very talented I think I am. I don't like myself much right now, so I'll take what I can get.

Church tomorrow morning, a bit of time at the office to catch up on stuff before Monday, and another pill. It'll be OK. Even as I wonder how I will possibly sleep tonight after napping most of the day away, I realize that it will be fine.

5 comments:

Lucy said...

It's your blog; you should whine if you need to (writing about negative experiences makes you feel better). Besides, I'll worry if you don't post anything.
And you are very talented.
*hugs*

Terminal Degree said...

Nothing wrong with whining. It can really help sometimes.

Glad you're taking care of yourself. Sorry this is so hard.

Locks said...

I'm sorry you are going through a tough time. I hope things get better soon.

~locks aka the whiniest of all pple

The Contessa said...

of course this is low Sunday everywhere, and the Gospel of choice is all about Thomas. We got filled with the Easter people in a Good Friday world.

I don't think I am sharing too much by saying I am in A Good friday mood in what appears to be a Good Friday World... :-)

I agree i'm a fan of whining and I do it when it's required. So you should too...

Though things are sucky - grey skies are gonna clear up for both of us!!! I believe in it....

Estrella said...

Love the quote from your pastor about "Easter people" in a "Good Friday world." I was not as impressed by the sermon at my church this week on the same Scripture reading, but at Bible Study last week, one of the discussion facilitators also spoke about Thomas' faith (which he emphasized over the doubt) and he highlighted Jesus' response ... which was, first, "Peace be with you."

I'm not explaining it well here, but I was struck by the change of focus on the Scripture from "Oh, look at Thomas, the doubter" to "Jesus understood Thomas, and He was OK with Thomas' response. Rather than chide him for his doubt, Jesus blessed him with His peace." I'm totally blown away by that representation of His grace.

I'm sorry to hear that things have been getting rougher for you lately, but I certainly don't mind your "complaining" entries (which I don't see as "complaints" anyway).

Thank *you* for your encouragement and for sharing of yourself ~ through this blog and through your kind comments on mine. I'm glad to "virtually" know you. :-)

Post a Comment