Sunday, June 24, 2007

Look, it's a meme!

JustMe tagged me (and noted that I don't normally do memes, which made me feel all snobby. It's more that I don't want to feel silly, but since I may be appearing more aloof than shy lately, I'll happily play this time).

Rules
  • I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
  • Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  • At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  • Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Random Facts
  1. The Burberry pattern has pairs of crossing black lines. The faux-Burberry pattern has black lines in groups of three. I know this because, thanks to Mom, I have both a faux and real bag. (No! I started off with a lie instead of a fact! The Burberry website shows real bags with triple black lines. Can I stop admitting my imitation bag is a fake and just pretend it's also real?)
  2. Said mother is having both knees replaced on Thursday. I think this is great and I'm glad she's doing it. And I'm scared - we don't generally do hospitals in my family.
  3. We prayed for Mom at church today - it was the first time I can remember ever making a prayer request and I actually only agreed when Pastor suggested it. But it was a lovely gesture.
  4. I got a 20% discount at Sonic this morning for "being so happy." Seriously. (I was surprised too, but I do like mornings.)
  5. I think the guy who offered the discount was flirting with me a little. I can't be sure though because it's been so long since anyone has flirted with me. How sad.
  6. Advisor told me Pete's problem with my defense was that my dissertation wasn't perfect enough. I didn't mention that my copy happened to be under a plant I over-watered and is moderately ruined. And that I cared very little.
  7. I get so nervous about talks that I am already writing slides for the one I'll give in September. The thought of getting up in front of the entire conference - which will likely be on the small side - is making me ill already.
  8. I have never been to DC though. So the September trip - as nauseating as parts of it may be - will take care of that.

Only if they want to play (I won't be offended if you ignore me - Promise.), I'll tag Zelda, Charlie (if for no other reason than you can click over and see the painting he did based on my photo! Well, and because - much as I adore him - updating his website regularly is not among the reasons), Psyc Girl, Flossie, doc-in-training, PsychPhD (to be), EA, and Terminal Degree.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry for your mom, i hope everything goes well!

and thanks for doing the meme, i didn't mean that you were aloof, just that you didn't like them or something. anyway you are so NOT aloof and ever so nice!

K Wu said...

so sorry for your mom too.

Mine is done. Check it out.

Quiche said...

Sonic does that? I've never heard of such of thing...sounds like a little flirt going on to me.

AS said...

Wow! Never been tagged before... I think this must be a blogging initiation of sorts... :o)

Post a Comment