Friday, February 09, 2007

All's well.

Friend seemed to be doing a bit better today.

"I just balanced on one foot while playing with Sprout." She said before offering to clean my bathtub and counter since I was obviously so miserably out of practice at the chore. "I haven't done that in weeks." She decided, then clarified. "Balanced on one foot. Not played with Sprout."

My head has stopped hurting. I still don't know what we're going to do - I keep going back and forth, then force the thoughts away. I'll deal with it on Monday. But we ran a couple errands today and I took her home this evening. My house is clean - I just finished cleaning the kitchen of the copious dishes I created by cooking dinner for my new house guests. Elle and her husband arrived just before 9.

"You're like a grown up!" She exclaimed upon seeing the house. "You have a real house! And you made a real dinner! And you have a job that you're good at - you're so smart and adult and successful!" And it's a bit odd - in a lovely way, of course - to have her here. She's freer with her compliments than Rachel tends to be, effusive in her praise of my life and decisions and anything else she can think of. She's loud and quirky and absolutely wonderful. I love her very much.

And while I do have stories about how we met or any number of adventures throughout college, I'm going to save them. I gave them my bedroom to see how it felt to have someone else use it. I don't know that I've ever seen the door closed from the outside before, and stopped to stare when I noticed it after cleaning the kitchen. But I'm glad they're here and hope they're comfortable. And given that she promised to rise early tomorrow, I should get to bed myself.

1 comment:

The Contessa said...

I'm glad you and friend are doing better. You guys have a nice strong bond that can survive tough situations. Stay strong and keep communicating. You two are Good good Friends.... no more bad bad friend! Don't beat yourself up.... it'll repair.

I confess that I did read her perspective on her Blog but I have refrained from commentary on the subject there per your request. I did have to comment on the cat though being a cat person I truly feel that pain.

I'm happy you have friends visiting and I love her perspective and compliments to your life! The first time we get likened to being "a grownup" can be scary, cool or just mean. Owning a home, having a cool job and making a real meal are very grownup things and you had the right audience to receive them!

Congrats!!!! Enjoy your time with your friends!

Thinking of you! Hugs....

Post a Comment