Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Sprout finds freedom.

I'm sleepy. There was sightseeing yesterday (waterfalls! And I didn't even have to walk through a shooting range to see them!) with my parents. We drove a good distance, but it was well worth it. The scenery was gorgeous - more than enough for another blog template. I think that you'll be spared the photo posts here shortly. But for now? Look how pretty!

There was work today. Meetings where I actually contributed - apparently knowledge was gained at my meeting. I gave myself credit for finding the waterfall, but not for learning very much. But I picked up some information which I was able to share with my colleagues back at home. Lovely.

I also touched base with my volunteer coordinator - I'm one step closer to getting started. The Plan update 2 is looking good!

We have also opened the door for the kitten. It's going well - no blood has been shed, though the stares are not overly friendly. I just had to pause so that I could pet the dog located behind my knees and aim the spray bottle at the cat who was carefully planning his attack on her. I prevented said altercation successfully.

Little Sprout is rather... playful. I lost track of how many times he launched his slight body at the backs of my legs. Or tried to wrap his paws around my arm so he could bite me. But we're controlling Chienne and allowing Sprout his explorations. So he races between rooms, plays with his string, delights in startling us with his pounces. I rather think the animals will sleep well tonight. I hope I'll do the same.

I have posts in mind - 2 of them, actually. But I'd like them to be written well, and I can't come up with the time, energy or focus at the moment. Mom and Dad have decided to head north on Friday morning rather than Sunday though, so my typical wordiness shall return shortly.

In the meantime, I shall stare at my new graphics with utter delight. I hoped the brown would work well, and I'm ever so pleased with it. I want to add some categories, and think I know how to do it easily. I really just want to create another sidebar picture though - I like doing those for some reason. It's good to have a hobby I enjoy.

6 comments:

MapleMama said...

OK - so it has been FOREVER since I've visited...so I promise to read back and see how you (and your plan) are doing.

Until then, however, I LOVE the fall redesign - nice work! And Sprout is just precious. I hope he and Chienne create a peaceable kingdom together!

Terminal Degree said...

Sprout is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sprout is lovely! And looks very happy. We had youngest cat in a separate room for a VERY long time (long story), and he was slightly manic when we first let him out. Sprout will calm down (eventually!).

And your graphics are beautiful!

rented life said...

See Sprout is fine! and Adorable!...nasty glares will become less and less frequent, so don't worry. Tip though: When playing with the little one, remind him to keep his claws in. Repeat this over and over, pulling your hand away if he scratches. We did this with Gracie and now she plays "nice" --no claws. It's worth the work!

love the waterfall pic.

Repressed Librarian said...

The new template is lovely, and Sprout does look happy :-)

post-doc said...

Thank you! I also think Sprout and the new graphics are quite pretty.

Post a Comment