Friday, October 20, 2006

Please note...

I'm seriously considering - in what I can only describe as an effort to waste massive amounts of time - going back and tagging my old posts. All 300+ of them. I believe this will make them all show up in bloglines for those of you who use that to read me. So I'd like to suggest that you edit your subscription so that you ignore updated items. This proposed project also gives me a chance to read and fix typos for everything I've written here! Imagine the time that will take!

Chienne and Sprout can apparently live quite peacefully. They're both on the floor, staring at each other across the living room. Chienne knows she's not to hurt him and he takes shameless advantage by swatting at her periodically then scampering away. My little hound mix isn't a very good hunter though. She'll wander around, looking for her feline friend, not realizing that he's actually following her as she moves from room to room. Even as I write, his tail is twitching as he anticipates getting the best of his floppy eared housemate. But the hissing is rare. They're actually doing really well - all that worry for nothing.

My parents left early this morning and it brought the expected sadness for me. I don't like it when people leave. It's been lovely - for the most part - having the extra noise and energy and activity in the house. Yesterday - since some home improvement project is mandatory - we replaced the globes in some of the light fixtures. It made a huge difference - I'm really quite pleased. I hated the chandelier over my kitchen table with a passion, but putting these on made it pretty. My favorite are sort of like these on the fan in my living room. As far as gifts from my parents, I'm enjoying them tremendously. So while Mom would have stayed forever, Dad was ready to head north to deal with his car projects. I'm blinked back tears as they drove away, but returned to giggle over my animals and stare sleepily out the window at the cloudy day, contemplating playing with my blog while I run Matlab code.

I suspect there are worse ways to spend the day.

2 comments:

Vinny said...

http://www.mamata.com.br/greasemonkey/

A greasemonkey plugin for adding a tag script to Firefox. I use it on Bernies World.

TitleTroubles said...

I considered adding tags to my posts when I switched over to beta, and one advantage of having just deleted one's blog and started over is there are not so many posts to tag. But I have enough trouble trying to decide what to put in the subject line; the thought of also having to categorize everything neatly just makes my head hurt.

*prepares for onslaught of typo-free posts in NNW (though I'm still not going to read old posts unless you link to them)*

Post a Comment