Sunday, September 17, 2006

Um, so...

I could write more about how - in all likelihood - I'll end up alone. But that will require me getting all dramatic and depressed, and I don't feel like it right now.

The lawn is mowed, and groceries were purchased - I just had a delightful salad. I redid my template out of boredom. It's severe, I think. I wanted something elegant and simple and I do enjoy black and white. I think I like the graphics - the leaves are complex but work with the jellyfish nicely. But, well, the contrast - especially to the cheerful green with the flowers - is stark. I had the titles in red, but I recoiled when I viewed the page.

"Why are you angry, blog?" I asked softly, and changed the colors to something a bit softer. Unfortunately, I'm not having strong opinions about much of anything this evening. So I'll see how I feel about the new graphics tomorrow. The green might make a quick return.

Other than that? Nothing much is happening today, which is fine. But I've fallen into the 'blah' mood that refuses to budge for any sort of decent blog entry. There's always tomorrow.

6 comments:

MplsJu said...

Looks good, Katie - I really like the new layout. But I'm a sucker for black and white photos.

Regarding your "blah" mood: have you tried retail therapy? It's superficial, it's temporary...it's a pick-me-up all day to look in the mirror and see that cute new shirt. Just a small suggestion from someone else who gets into "blah" moods sometimes.

Maisha said...

i agree with mplsju.retail therapy works...

as for the template,bring green back...

ScienceWoman said...

mmm...retail therapy sounds good.

I vote to bring the green template back while you work up something with rich autumnal hues. This one is too stark for my taste.

cathouse teri said...

Are you fucking kidding me? Destined to be alone at 27? (Excuse the language.. desperate times require desperate measures.)

Your life shall not be defined by who you are with, or if your worthy to be with, or if you bear or adopt children. You are a sensational being. Be it.

post-doc said...

MplsJu-
Agreed - on both points, actually. I will shop as soon as possible, and the black and white is growing on me. I think it's interesting.

ECT-
"Interesting" is one of my favorite words when offering an opinion. :) In this case, you're absolutely right.

Maisha & SW-
I know - I liked the green too, but it was just too chipper. I'll work on something new soon. Until then, try to focus on the actual pictures. I think it's the color scheme that's bothersome.

CT-
Well, and anyone else who finds me a bit annoying and dramatic-

I thought first about my bathroom rugs. For some reason, my dog likes digging at them so they're wadded up in the corner when it rains. Why this makes her feel better, I'm not sure. I find it rather irritating because I prefer the rugs flat on the floor. Despite many discussions over why I'm displeased by this behavior, she continues to do it. It's a coping mechanism. It makes her feel better. It's weird, but I try to go with it. For me, when I think about the future, one of my worst case scenarios is ending up alone. And thinking about that - acknowledging that it won't be that bad - helps.

My second thought was that I would have made the same statement at 17. Sometimes you just know. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Your comment made me laugh though because there absolutely is something ridiculous about these posts, but there's also something true. Or at least what I believe to be true. Time will tell.

Maisha said...

My second thought was that I would have made the same statement at 17. Sometimes you just know. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

read my two most recent posts.i know exactly what you mean.sometimes,you just know.

Post a Comment