Thursday, July 27, 2006

Yawn.

I seem to have developed some sort of mild sickness that enables me to sleep for nearly 20 hours a day. I went to bed last night around 1AM and woke at my normal 5:30. I tried mightily to make some coffee - I bought new silver cannisters and was eager to remove the precious beans from them. I caught myself on the counter when I started to sway and decided that admitting defeat was wise. I slept until 10.

I tried to do work but found myself sleeping on the couch, then back to bed for another few hours, then to the couch again. I'm awake now obviously, but don't have much hope for remaining that way.

This new ability has me quite grateful, honestly. I've been taking some sort of sleep aid every day this month - Tylenol PM, Simply Sleep, Nyquil - to ease into some rest. I'm averaging about 6 hours, which is far less than I believe I need. So perhaps this brief illness (which could just be my body demanding unmedicated rest since I feel fine other than a mild, drowsy headache) will allow me to ease back into a more reasonable sleep pattern.

Just wanted to say something, and since sleep defines my life lately, that's all I really have to write. More later.

1 comment:

StyleyGeek said...

"I seem to have developed some sort of mild sickness that enables me to sleep for nearly 20 hours a day"

I think I've had this sickness all my life.

"...woke at my normal 5:30"

Have you thought that maybe that sentence holds the clue to the cause of your sickness? :)

Post a Comment