Sunday, July 16, 2006

Profanity...deep breath...more profanity

I had the sweetest post planned! Had a lovely afternoon, honestly. It was funny and interesting - and I do want to write it all out so I can remember.

But I sat in traffic on my way home for 2 hours. For what should have been a 20 minute trip. So I waited and swore at whatever was causing this delay. Then I tried another route with similar results. Yet another route was found - and there I sat for my 2 hours after my dad figured out what might be causing the problem. There's a concert venue between where I was and where I wanted to be. And parking is always a problem at those events. I remember sitting with a friend in a car for several hours trying to park at a show several years ago.

I also recall asking her how badly it would suck if you just wanted to go home - were trying to get by everyone who actually had a reason for waiting in line.

Now I know.

It's [insert several bad words] terrible.

But now I'm home and can finish up some work then rest. If a lesson can be learned, it's that an unavoidable inconvenience can alter a perfectly lovely mood from an afternoon well spent. Unfortunate, isn't it?

In other news, Mom is having a relatively minor medical procedure done tomorrow, so I'll take prayers if you're so inclined. I talked to God already. After I apologized for all the swearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment