Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Phone Interview Day

There is a bit of twitchy stress, but I'm relatively (for me) calm. I typed up my responses to some predictable questions this morning and felt excited about the ideas and opportunities that go with this job.

Then I released some anger via snippy email at an admin in my department who won't reimburse $4 in meals without a receipt. Seriously. I don't care about the money that much, but I've decided that I'll see her in hell before she wins this one. She's taken money and time from me in the past and I'm done. That was my last trip and I will make her life miserable before giving her $4. Because I'm cool and mature like that. (I do not plan to mention this little glitch on my phone interview.)

While I was reviewing my notes one more time, a friend sent a note with a job announcement attached. I kind of want that job too! So I perused a website and edited a cover letter and sent along my CV. New applications always make me feel hopeful and it's been months since I've found even a glimmer of something that sounds cool. But a final interview and new application in one day?! Well, that will cushion the blow should the former be terrible! Hooray!

That's all I know for now. Stay tuned for an evening update at which time I'll report on how the phone call went. (It starts about 2 hours from now. Positive thoughts are much appreciated. Please?)

8 comments:

T said...

Good Luck! I'm sure you do great!! I'll be thinking about you!

Psych Post Doc said...

Good Luck. I may be too late, but I'm thinking good thoughts for you.

DrOtter said...

Keeping the fingers crossed whuch msjes tyoung fugguvky (which makes typing difficult)

Anonymous said...

I think fighting for the principle is more satisfying than fighting for the money.

Hope the job search process is going well. I've kept my fingers crossed for most of the day yesterday (most infuriatingly, I don't know how things turned out. My boyfriend had a last opportunity to catch the interest of investors, and made it clear that unless someone would write a check now and then, he would not talk about it before we can see each other in person, which will be tomorrow evening.), so I can cross them a bit more for you ! (If I'm too late for today's interview, my finger crossing can count for the other cool possibility.)

Brigindo said...

Good luck and positive thoughts in your direction. I know you will rock.

chall said...

Good luck! I hope the interview went well!!

I am nervous about the phone stuff, even if it is not a real interview - and dear not think what I'd be if it was one... writing down answers sounds lika a good plan, should make me do it too.

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Hope it went well!

KM said...

$4? Heck yeah -- that's nearly a gallon of gas, lol!
Hope you win the battle, PD. ;-)

Post a Comment