Friday, April 27, 2007

Notes

I very much appreciate the comments on my last post. I'm thinking of the follow-up and have some of it written, but it's still difficult to consider carefully so I'm taking my time with it.

I'm busy trying to figure out exactly how A becomes AI. Pretty though, yes?

I'm also in the middle of a bunch of analysis for Carrie's project. Nick's fan is running as loudly as it can to try to contain the heat generated by such hard work. Apart from glancing at results screens very occasionally, I'm working not very hard at all.

I received a paper to review in the wee hours of the morning. It's only my second one, so I was rather pleased. Advisor did all his own reviewing so I've never learned to do this well. Perhaps I'll work on the paper this weekend then ask Boss for a tutorial as to how he rates papers. It'd be good to know the proper way to go about such a thing instead of just winging it. Especially since this is based in my favored disease, but far outside my research area.

I bought 3 more 2GB USB drives since, as studies start, I have far too much data that needs to become portable at some point. They were $20/each and I needed to spend $50 for free shipping. So I opened them all - identical little swing drives - and have decided to name them Eenie, Meanie and Minie. I find this adorable. There is then my first 2GB travel drive that has remained nameless. He shall, of course, now be known as Moe.

Grandpa taught me that rhyme when I was little and I believe that if you catch a tiger who then hollers, you must let him go. Never, never, never make him pay. I feel my way is kinder - who wants to make cash while a poor cat suffers? (I also mentioned that I love how much church uses 'debtors' instead of 'trespasses.' I'm big on tradition in word choices.)

It was a good day today. I was home - in case I didn't mention - on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I almost didn't go in today, but needed to print a bunch of stuff and start more analysis at work and put in a bit of time. I'm glad I went. It's good for me to see people and get a change of scenery, even when I am legitimately working at home. When I drag my feet on getting to work next week, I hope I remember that.

I should get back to Photoshop for figures while my analysis continues. I just wanted to say hello and thank you. In case I haven't mentioned it lately, I'm grateful you read. I started this blog after I'd scheduled my defense, but before I'd actually given it. I've communicated far more through this medium than any other and it's a tremendous comfort knowing that you're out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have time to thoroughly read your post from yesterday and give it the attention it deserves until tonight, but I join everyone else in being indignant for you. What a horrible, undeserved experience, wrong on so many levels!

I just want to let you know that even though I am still not commenting much (anywhere, not just on your blog), I read every post and am sending supportive thoughts your way.

Post a Comment