Monday, August 14, 2006

Fun facts

I need to be at work by 7AM today.

I rarely adhere to a strict morning schedule.

I don't use an alarm (ever), so needing to be awake slightly earlier than normal causes me no small amount of stress. (Which is why I won't make myself get to work at any set time in the morning - I can't sleep if I do.)

I know that's a bit strange and unpleasant, but I tend to wake up every hour or so to check the clock. I hate being late with every fiber of my being, so I want to make sure I'm awake in time.

More often than not, I'll sleep for a couple hours, then find myself hyper and unable to relax.

I went to bed at 10 and planned to sleep until 5:30. That's not a bad plan for sleep at all.

I woke up at 1:20 and have been awake since.

I usually worry to the point of getting frantic at night (or in the early morning hours), so I calmly got up and read blogs (bless you people who update at night), checked email and headed back to bed when I felt drowsy.

I tossed and turned for about an hour, losing the drowsy feeling completely and feeling more and more awake.

Now I'm up again, have ground coffee beans and filled the pot with water in preparation for making large amounts of strong coffee in another couple hours.

I won't make it now because there's a tiny glimmer of hope I can sleep for another hour or so. Said hope is dimming though.

I did get some work done that I thought I couldn't do from home. So that's good. Plus, I love sending email in the 1-4AM range because then people might think I work crazy-hard instead of assuming I struggle with insomnia.

Another silver lining? It gave me something to complain about on my blog. That's always a good time.

I hope you're all resting comfortably. Think kind thoughts as I sit in 10-11 hours of meetings (back to back, people. Back To Back.) tomorrow. Oh! Perhaps I can complain about that tomorrow night! Something to eagerly anticipate, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Repressed Librarian said...

I hope you made it through the day okay and get lots more sleep tonight.

Lucy said...

I always wake up every half hour or so when I need to get up early, too, even with an alarm set. I wouldn't get any sleep without an alarm!

Post a Comment